Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Thoughts

So, I am with a school district team at Adlai Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, Illinois (an hour and twenty minute train ride north of Chicago). It is a pretty amazing school -- 4500 students, 300 teachers, 16 counselors, 6 social workers, a security guard in every hallway, facilities to dream about, pretty successful students. We are here with schools from all over the country to see how they engage students and monitor their learning progress in ways we have not yet determined. I do have a criticism -- there is no guidance program in place. No organized meetings with students or developmental activities to help students PLAN for the future. Oops!

So, I advanced a year on the longevity chart.

So, I have 22 years in the Utah Retirement System. (I really have 31 years in education but part time and years I took out don't count.)

So, I have great kids. I have quite the age span among them -- 30, 28, and 13.10.

So, I have been married 32 years.

So, my nephew, Parker, turns 12 this week. He will be a deacon and passing the sacrament -- he will need to be serious.

So, I have a grandson -- he is such a quick learner.

So, I love my family, my work in the Church and at schools, and hot fudge sundaes with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.

No comments: