Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What to Blog?

Not much going on today. Another busy day at home and at the district office.

As you know, I worry about our public school system. We're losing kids right and left, everyday. We still have the majority of our teachers doing what they do in a mostly white, middle class mind-set. The problem is that the majority of our students are not white and not middle class, and most importantly they (the kids) are not succeeding in school. I have some ideas, solutions, some "what to do" actions. I'll report out sometime soon.

Our RS women's conference is coming up and Carole Mikita from KSL television and radio is our keynote speaker. I am excited to hear her speak.

American Idol -- another season with some interesting talent -- I am anxious to see the next phase where the contestants really perform and sing their lungs out. Last year, Grandma Petersen and I talked immediately after nearly every episode of Idol. I really miss Grandma --

I am excited about a new grandson. I am ready for as many grandchildren as I can get -- I love the grandmotherhood role. I just hope his parents can come up with a name ---- I like Elvis.

Willie is doing pretty well in basketball. His JR JAZZ team went undefeated this season -- there was really no competition. The team will be in a tournament in March -- I am anxious to see how they do with some tough competition. They are actually a pretty good little team. Junior high basketball is going well, too. Willie is playing in every game and scoring some points and getting some rebounds and steals.

Haley comes over on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for piano/guitar lessons. It's so nice to have her here. She does such a good job with her students.

Annie says Eliott needs a hair cut. I am not sure he likes the "buzz buzz", but I enjoy cutting his hair. It grows so fast!

Karl is working with the older scouts for the next few months. He is helping them plan a trip to Moab that may include a Colorado River trip. He is great with the younger male generation in any capacity.

Life is good!

2 comments:

fivewoods said...

I think you have a lot going on.....great post!

Bing Math said...

Thanks for the nice post mom. You are a good mom.