Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

When I was 8 or 9 years old, my dad was preparing to give a talk in church on Easter Sunday. I decided I needed to help him, so I got out my Bible and got to work reading the story of the crucifixion and surrounding events. I just knew that it would be my inspiration and insight that would help Dad give the best talk ever. As I remember, my dad gave a good talk that basically followed the last days, hours of the Savior's life. The story had a powerful impact on me then and still does.

I have much to learn and comprehend about what happened some 2000+ years ago to a kind and gentle man, Jesus Christ, whom I believe to be the Son of God. It is on Easter Sunday, today, that the Christian world celebrates His resurrection, an event that leads me to know that we can all live again. It's a pretty peaceful feeling to know that life is everlasting.

Sharing religious, sacred, thoughts is not my BLOGGING practice, but you know, today may just be a good time becasue of the thoughts, love, and concerns I have for my aging parents, my yet unborn grandson, my husband, my children (including sons-in law), my 2 year old grandson, and many other dear family members . . . I just know that if we do what is right and consecrate our lives to His work, life and death will be mere words that define a brief transition to eternity.

(Wow, this is a deep BLOG psoting!)

1 comment:

fivewoods said...

You are a great sister.....and aunt.....