Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas is almost here!

I am taking a break. I have been organizing and wrapping gifts all day long. My knees are a little weary from standing. I still have a few more gifts to wrap and then some grocery shopping to do and then I am ready for the big day.

I listened to KSL talk radio this morning during the Doug Wright Christmas gift "find". Every year just a few days before Christmas he starts this call in, text in process of people needing to find gifts and people who stumble across the gifts on the "find" list. I listen because there is always someone looking for some obscure gift like: Purple Pie Man (Strawberry Shortcake character); a sugar glider (rodent); a Costco singing Teddy Bear; and, Scottish Dog magnets were some of the more interesting.

I have purchased some pretty lame gifts over the years. In my older age, however, I try to stay true to things I know (hope) will be nice and also useful.

Enough for now -- back to the wrapping!

No comments: