Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer Countdown


My brother and his wife are very involved in church callings -- John is in the stake presidency and Lori is the young women's president. They have had a girls camp assignment and a trek assignment this summer, so their girls have spent some time at the grandparents (2 nights and 3 nights). That means that everyone who can (my girls, Willie, my sisters, and my nieces and nephew Parker) helps out with their care. it's not that they need extra care -- it's that the grandparents are 80-ish and don't have near the energy they need to keep up with an 11 year-old and a 6 year-old. It's been fun for me and my family to have a chance to get to know the girls without their parents around. They are very nice young girls and they are growing to be great kids. The picture above was taken at Willie's football scrimmage on Thursday night. Their faces show evidence of face painting fun at the grandparents. They have been introduced to video games and text messaging and eating a lot of fast food treats (Shavy Jones shaved ice and shakes from the Arctic Circle) in our care. I guess that's okay . . .

1 comment:

Staples said...

Definately a high light of hanging out with our "gang" all summer