Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Typical Saturday

So I got up Saturday morning and greeted a pretty spectacular day -- the most beautiful weather and in a most comfortable home. All seemed to be good at home and in the neighborhood. Karl did the yard work and I went to my neighbor's to have her do something to my hair. I checked in with my girls, and we agreed on doing something new for Sunday dinner.

I fixed breakfast for the boys, straightened up the house, and then headed to the parentals' home. On the way there, Willie and I stopped for his lunch and my DC (we left Karl home to do "Friends of Scouting" and studying).

I mowed their lawn, watered their flowers, swept and blew the leaves and stuff in the backyard while Willie stayed inside and played the piano. Haley and Molly were there (they helped with the housework), then came Cory and Conner (to do the yard work [oops!] and decided to stay and visit), then John and his girls (John worked on the pool), and we all had a nice visit.

Later on, Willie and Karl headed to the U of U football game (Karl wore a long sleeve shirt, took a jacket [he didn't want to get cold], and Willie put sunscreen on his face) --I headed to the cleaners and the grocery store (I went to Harmon's). I was suppose to go to the General Women's RS Meeting -- but, I decided to stay home and watch it on TV -- the rebroadcast that is. It was very good and the messages were inspiring -- serve others, love others, don't judge, do your visiting teaching, and basically -- be a good person.

No comments: