Friday, April 05, 2013

Pieces of April

This old 1970's Three Dog Night song (Pieces of April) was the theme of a high school junior prom.  It's weird how I can remember stuff like that now and again.  I went to a few junior proms but they were mostly insignificant.  In fact, most of the popular high school stuff is forever insignificant 40 plus years later. 

April is a good month -- it's generally warmer and crisp and clean. I love the spring that comes with April -- daffodils, tulips, buds on trees, green lawns.  I find it refreshing and relaxing to know that when April comes winter is far behind and the days of cold are dwindling away.

If you read my daughters' blogs, you will know that we made a family trip to Disneyland last week.  It was very nice!  It was nice because we were with family for three days -- from 7 in the morning til way past dark!  I am not much for going on the rides and all that Disneyland stuff, but I love to be with family.  Disneyland creates an atmosphere of fun and excitement and watching the kids and everyone get so excited over the "castle" and Star Tours and getting wet and eating is just what I needed for a few days.  I was the go to support for all of the kids at some point in our adventure and loved it.  When stuck with Grandmama, they got kisses and hugs, and "I love you" over and over and over.  I got to know the little ones better than ever.  (Sunday afternoon for a few hours doesn't do justice to getting to know the grandchillins.)


No comments: