Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Church Service Ritual -- Passing on the "Binder"


So on June 23, there was a change in the Hunter Central Stake Relief Society Presidency.  I, along with two counselors and a secretary, were released. This is not something I wanted to happen; I love every calling I have in Church service and I am content to stay put forever.  But, there comes a time for change and it is now.  Last Wednesday evening, we met at Village Inn as the outgoing presidency to reminisce and prepare to pass on "binders" to the members of the new presidency.  Some of the practices in the Church are a little weird and passing the binders in one of them.  The binder is usually a compilation of an individuals work in a particular calling that may or may not (mostly may not) help the new persons.  I gathered the binders and then met with the new Stake RS President on Thursday evening.  I gave her the "binders" for her presidency, turned over the Stake Center keys, showed her the RS closet, and talked a little about what the calling entails.  It was a great meeting and Sis. Brown, the new RS Pres., will be a great leader and an excellent example to all of the sisters in the Stake.

My work in Relief Society has spanned over ten consecutive years:

February 2003 -- Called as Hunter 1st Ward RS President
September 2007 -- Called to serve as 1st Counselor in Stake RS Presidency
November 2010 -- Called to serve as Stake RS President

Serving in the Relief Society has been good for me and my family.  We have received many blessings for our service.  Every calling in our family becomes a family calling.  It's hard to explain but we all work together to carry out the work we have been asked to do.  We enjoy doing things together and church services is always a top priority for family involvement.  I learned a lot about people, families, and the Relief Society in this calling and it's been a very awesome experience.

Next calling . . . not sure . . . but I know I will love it, too.

No comments: