Monday, April 21, 2008

The scent of a 13 year-old . . .

It's in the bedroom, through the family room, in the car, near the kitchen, on the couch, down the hall, (no, this is not an exercise in prepositional phrases), it's everywhere! What is it you ask? The scent of a 13 year-old, the one who lives in my house. Can't describe it. Don't want to remember it. It's fueled by food, drink, and air. It comes at times when you least suspect it. It's essence is one of denial. Ah! The scent of a 13 year-old!

4 comments:

Annie said...

super funny! I have encountered that smell and it isn't pretty.

at least he changes his own diapers. :)

Anonymous said...

HAVING BEEN A FORMER 13 YEAR OLD AND A BOY, I CAN TESTIFY THAT THE SMELL ONLY GETS WORSE LONG BEFORE IT GETS BETTER.

Anonymous said...

So - Preston has been gone for almost a year - and his scent still lingers in his room. When I miss him - all I have to do is go in and sniff...... Cindy

Bing Math said...

Gross! When I started driving the red Honda, every time I'd turn the heat on I would remember this time Eddie farted at me and Annie. That's what it smelled like.