Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Meetings at Christmas Time . . . ?????!!!!?????

For the past 12 years, I have served on the ACTE (Association for Career and Technical Education) Guidance Division Policy Committee in some capacity. I did a three-year term as an elected member of the ACTE Board (2000-2003), too. This is all volunteer service that greatly helps the counseling and guidance profession and my personal role in that arena. The one and only drawback of my involvement is that our annual meetings (in person) are held in December -- can you believe it?

Willie and Karl accompanied me last year when the meetings were held in Atlanta. This year's spot was not quite as attractive -- Las Vegas -- no NBA team, no acquarium, no significant museum, etc. So, they opted to stay home. I miss them!

No comments: