Thursday, May 01, 2008

Parent Failure?

Willie had a track meet yesterday afternoon (Wednesday), 3:00 p.m., at Skyline. Karl and I both planned to attend I got delayed in a meeting and I felt assured that Karl would be at the meet to support Willie. Karl, however, at the same time was pressed to get some last minute shipping out the door and just knew that I would be there for the boy. At 4:30 p.m., we realized that neither one of us had made it too the track meet. Rats! Needless to say, we both felt like we had let Willie down.

His bus rolled into the Hunter Junior High parking lot around 5:15, and Karl was there to pick him up. He was okay about our lack of support. (What a great kid!) He also told us that the meet was cut short because a girl (runner) from another school passed out, and an ambulance was called.

I just don't like parent failure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll be okay, Mom. Don't worry. He survived. Just please don't go getting him a cell phone now. He doesn't need one. - Haley

Annie said...

Mom -

Remember all the times you didn't pick me up from junior high and I had to walk home and Aaron Fullwood yelled at me because you didn't show up and I couldn't get back in the school to use a phone because it was locked.

Yeah, that sucked!