Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Are you ready for Christmas?

It has been a very busy month at home, at school/work, with family . . .

I realize that Christmas is just a few days away. Everywhere I go people ask me if I am ready for Christmas. What does that mean? Ready for Christmas, hmmmm ?

Does it mean -- do I have careful, creative shopping done for everyone in my gift giving sphere?
Does it mean -- do I have a clean house with coordinated and festively displayed holiday decorations?
Does it mean -- have I done some baking and some cooking and some creative gift making for my friends and neighbors?
Does it mean -- have I mailed warm and friendly greeting cards to family and friends?
Does it mean -- I have all of the gifts (I have done the shopping for) beautifully wrapped and positioned ever so carefully under my designer decorated Christmas tree?
Does it mean -- have I taken time to visit my daughters to see their festive decorations and sample some of their holiday goodies?
What does it mean??????

Nothing -- absolutely nothing! So I politely reply, "I guess I am as ready as I am going to be", knowing deep down inside that I have a million things to do and only 8-9 days to get months of stuff done. The only thing I can say I am "ready" for is a nice long nap . . . . . . .

Merry Chistmas!

3 comments:

Annie said...

mom -

your blog is so festive. I don't really have any holiday decorations but I did make fudge on Sunday. It's real good and almost gone. ;)

I can help you - don't have to work next week - isn't that exciting?

Staples said...

(this is your lovely niece being a brat) so are you ready for christmas? jk jk... love you counselor

Peggy said...

Lydia and I want to set a time to come see you, but you seem too busy. In case we can't make the schedules work, Merry Christmas! We love you....