Thursday, March 05, 2009

Weird things can happen more than once . . .




When I took Willie to school this morning, I couldn't help but notice how dirty my car was. The wind was pretty vicious yesterday -- blowing dust and gunk everywhere and a lot of it stuck to my car.

A couple of summers ago, after getting gas at the Conoco I decided to get a car wash. I think Willie, Meranda, and Parker were with me. The car wash ended and the exit door was slow to open, in fact it wouldn't open at all. I honked the horn thinking someone from inside the gas station would hear it and come to our rescue. We hoped another car would get in line behind us and trigger the door opener. Finally, I called Karl to have him look up the phone number so I could call and get someone to help get us out (I wanted a little sympathy, too). Karl's response was go out the "man door". I had no clue what he was talking about, I didn't see any door anywhere but the exit one to let us out. We were laughing so hard in the car that I couldn't really understand the phone number but eventually got it from Karl. The employee who answered the gas station's phone didn't quite understand that we were stuck in the car wash. Eventually, some intellectually challenged person came to our aid. We laugh about the experience all the time.

You probably know where this story is headed. I stopped to get gas on my way to work this morning. My car was so filthy dirty I decided to include a car wash. I was the only one in line probably because the roads were a little wet from a late night snow storm. At any rate, I got the car wash, and you guessed it, the entry and exit doors wouldn't open to let me out. Stuck again! I called 411 to get a number and tried several times to contact someone in the Conoco (same one as before). The line was busy (yes, I remembered to dial 801). I got out of the car and shimmied to the exit door. It was wet an gooey, but I managed to lift it opened but not without having streams of black water drip down my arms onto my long sleeved white shirt. I looked to see if anyone had noticed my predicament. Sure enough, there was some dude filling up his car and just watching me.

Not sure I will do the car wash at that Conoco ever again.

3 comments:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Oh my Gosh!!! I am sorry, but this blog gave me a good laugh this morning..I just had to imagine what you were going through...I hope you went into the little store to show what their car wash did to you...my daughter is really good at this stuff..she probably would have ended up with 5 free car washes for her inconvenience (but again, who would want to take the chance on their wash working .. EVER) thanks for the laugh, I hope everything is ok with you...

Bing Math said...

Oh dear. Sorry.

Lauren said...

Antie Judy!!!! Natalie just told me about the cousin camp to washington and I am in for it!!!! Just thought I would let you know!