Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March marched on . . .


  • The March Madness of the NCAA Basketball Tournament is winding down. On one of my bracket sheets, I actually picked 3 of the final 4 teams. That doesn't really matter, however, because I selected way too many teams to win that eventually lost. I am rooting for the NC Tarheels to be the outright winning team this year only because I like Tyler Hansbrough, a key player on the team and one who played all 4 years (no early exit to the NBA draft).
  • My parentals celebrated their 58th Wedding Anniversary on March 19th. In this era, it's pretty amazing that couples stay together forever like my parents. Congrats Mom and Dad!

  • My favorite late night television host, David Letterman, married the mother of his 5 1/2 year old son on March 19, 2009, in Montana. I am pleased he finally made the commitment. He and his wife have been together for a decade or so.

  • Finally, my bad luck has persisted in March -- I was in a parking lot, one of our schools, last Wednesday, driving away, when a kid on a razor scotter came through some parked cars and crashed into me (my car). I thought I'd killed him, but I only ran over the handle bars of his scooter. I made him wiggle everything, I checked with a witness and she reported that the kid had jumped from the scooter and landed on his feet, he kept himself from falling with his hands on my front/side bumper. Arrggg . . . . .

Have a great "last day of March!"

No comments: