Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Happy Birthday, Haley!

I can remember the arrival of each of my kids as if those events were just yesterday. As I was sitting at my computer an hour or so ago and waiting for Karl to get home from school, I couldn't help but think about the night Haley was born. It may be of interest to note that 30 years ago tonight I was doing the same thing (minus the computer). Then almost two-year-old Annie was in bed asleep and my sister Cindy was hanging out with me waiting for Karl to get home from a late class so he could take me to the hospital to deliver a beautiful baby girl. Mind you, this was long before cell phones and texting -- I had no way of letting Karl know that he needed to get home, fast. I just waited -- with some pain now and again. Needless to say, we made it to the LDS hospital and Haley Quinn was born a little after midnight on April 8, 1980. She weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 21 inches long, she had all of her fingers and toes, and a fuzzy head (I can't say it was hair). She was a very healthy baby and toddler and very smart, too. She could walk at 11 months and toilet trained herself by the time she was about 18 months old. Not to discount all of the life events over a 30 year time frame, but Haley is still a beautiful daughter and smart. She has a great husband, James. She teaches kids of all shapes, sizes, and intellects how to do hard math problems, and in her spare time she teaches a few lucky kids to play the piano, the guitar, and the banjo. She takes care of James, Willie, and the grandparents, like no other. She loves the double T's -- Elliott and Wyatt. She will do anything for anyone -- so often ahead of her own things. And, she loves her family, Utah basketball, family history and history in general, controversial topics and opinions, the colors green, yellow, and brown, all kinds of music and documentaries, yard work, Primary kids, bread, potatoes, and cheeseburgers.

In about a month from now, Haley and James will have their own beautiful daughter. How lucky their little one will be to have such excited and awesome parents and too many family members to count who will love her and care for her.

Happy Birthday, Haley!


4 comments:

Annie said...

Yes, Happy Birthday Haley.

My birthday post to you isn't sappy.

Because I'm your sister, not your mom. I don't remember the day you were born.

Anonymous said...

I remember the day she was born!!! Happy birthday Haley.....Cindy

Bing Math said...

Oh gosh! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! That was a sweet post Aunt Judy :)