Sunday, June 05, 2011

School's Out!

Oh my gosh! I am so glad this school year has come to a close! It's been crazy, like mentally ill crazy, like out of control crazy, like more crazy than you can ever imagine. I have been a professional educator for some 33 years and I've seen all kinds of situations and worked with many, many students and their families, but this school year tops them all -- positives and not so positive experiences with colleagues, staff, kids, and parents.

The best part of my work is clearly working hard every day of each school year to make a difference for the 29,000+ secondary students in GSD. This school year my department introduced a tidy little planning guide for students and their parents. I think it is just about the best little planning guide around. Although it has been in draft form all year, it is excellent. I have had many opportunities to share it with students, their parents, staff, and community people. All reports indicate it has been very helpful in providing information on student planning and on all of the options and opportunities available to students in our district.

Ther is much work to do this summer to get things ready for 2011-2012 school year!

No comments: