Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The day before Thanksgiving and . . .

So what do you do on the day before Thanksgiving? Well, I got up an hour later than I usually do. It was a work day for me but very flexible in that I didn't need to get to a school or to a meeting for an entire day! So, I did some early morning shopping for a few Thanksgiving dinner essentials; went to the credit union to make a car payment; stopped by the cemetery to put some new artificial flowers on Mom's grave; stopped by the Home Goods store in Sugarhouse; and, then spent some time at the office.

My day got a little intense with a few parents in the Superintendent's office and a call from one of our school board members, but everything worked out for the best.

Willie had basketball early this morning and stayed after to practice foul shots. When he got home, Haley and Molly stopped by to spend lunch time with him. In a few minutes, I am going to head to South Jordan to pick up the grandsons and eventually make my way to Grandpa/Dad's to set things up for the big dinner tomorrow.

Thanksgiving will be different this year, but not to worry, life goes on until it ends; and, what's left are sweet memories of the past.

So, that's my day before Thanksgiving report.

No comments: