Monday, June 30, 2014

3:00 a.m. and checking my email??? What!?

So I woke up suddenly at 3:00 a.m. this morning.  Not sure why.  Decided to check my email -- blurry-eyed and drowsy.  I had a sense that I may just catch my son in the act of emailing.  Sure enough, I did!

3:11 a.m. Me:  I know this is cheating, but are you there?
3:12 a.m. Willie:  Yes
3:13 a.m. Me:  How are you doing sweet son of mine?
3:17 a.m. Me:  Be a good boy! I am going back to bed in a minute.
3:19 a.m. Willie: I am good.  This really isn't allowed . . .  But I do have some questions, so we will call it a tender mercy.
3:20 a.m.  Me:  I know the rules, too.  Tender mercy or nice blessing is good.
3:21 a.m.  Willie:  Bank website still doesn't work - can you set it to the LDS email account? Can you send my retainer with the next package, whenever that may be. I think it would be a good idea. I read somewhere that if you do it for a month straight your teeth will go back. Maybe you could do some research.  Also, I don't know how we will work out shoes when mine die. There is no way I will find giant ones here.
3:25 a.m.  Me:  I will update your bank account profile; you have $$.  I am not sure where your retainer is but I will look around.  Are your teeth okay?  I can send you shoes -- no problem -- just tell me when to send them -  I will get on it now.
3:34 a.m.  Willie: Just nice classy shoes.  Stylish and black.  Order them, and I will tell you when to send them.  My teeth are okay, but I can feel the middle gap starting to come back.  I figure if I'm going to suffer death by retainer, I might as well do it now.  Thanks for everything!  I love you!
3:40 a.m.  Me:  Au revoir!  Laiminga diena!  (have a good day in Lithuanian)

Then is was over!  A conversation thousands of miles away with less than a minute required to send emails back and forth.  I love technology!  I couldn't go back to sleep so I watched an episode of House Hunters International.

 
Missionary apartment -- study center







 

2 comments:

emj said...

Why do I always cry? Thanks so much for sharing. What a wonderful tender mercy.

fivewoods said...

AWESOME!!!!! You know I did this a ton with MK - and once with PJW....It's great and gives all a burst of energy! I say "no harm" "no foul".....