Monday, June 09, 2014

Willie has passed the 100 day milestone -

Willie has been serving as a missionary for now over 100 days!  Can you believe it?  The time goes by pretty quickly when you look back and seems like forever when you look to the future.  He reports that he is doing well and that the proselyting work is slow but he is very busy and all is going pretty well. 

We hear from Willie on Monday mornings.  His email is sent between 3-4:00 a.m., so when I get up I head to the computer and anxiously wait for my email to load and then look carefully for that familiar name, William Karl Petersen.  There is no greater feeling of relief and satisfaction than when I see his name in my inbox.  I know he is okay and doing fine, but I do get nervous at some point every day about his safety, health, and well-being mainly because he is some 5,000 miles from home. He puts photos in a drop box that we share but having no voice or F2F communication is tough to swallow some days.


I can't express in words how blessed Karl and I are to have such a great family -- they are good, educated, employed, own their homes, attend church and serve faithfully, and are kind and nice to others.  We get together when we can which includes Sunday dinner, ball games, programs, and just helping each other out now and again.  We also get along really well largely because we agree to disagree and respect differing interests and perspectives.

No comments: