Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Have a nice day!

For the past couple of weeks Willie and I have been exposed to the "mean and nasty teachers" at the junior high school. I choose to drop Willie off in the faculty parking lot where the parents who just need to make a quick drop off tend to go. (Parents needing to linger longer in the parking lot and watch their students socialize and then walk into the school, drop their students off in the east lot.) There are a couple of signs in the faculty lot that say, "Faculty Lot," "Student Drop Off East Parking Lot," -- but there is no sign that says what the mean teachers want it to say, "Parents are not allowed to drop their students off in this parking lot, and if they do they will be yelled at by us!" An explanation -- when we arrive in the morning at the same time as any one of these 3 mean teachers (they have all pointed at me and then pointed to the east parking lot like I am suppose to feel bad about what I am doing). Teacher A must be arriving at school earlier -- we haven't been reprimanded by her for quite some time. But Teacher B is determined to set me straight, and the anger has not stopped with me (the parent), now Willie is getting harassed. Teacher B has scolded him twice now as he is walking in the school --"tell your mother she needs to drop you off in the other parking lot!" This morning was even more exciting, Teacher C, left her parked car and aggressively approached the driver of each car dropping off students and shook her hand at them in disgust. One parent just drove right by her and two parents actually rolled down their windows and engaged her. Guess what, I was one of the lucky recipients of her angst, and I refused to roll my window down for her, and all I could do in response was mouth a nice message to her, "Have a nice day!"

My greatest concern is that these 3 angry teachers, A, B, and C, go into the school to teach our students. You can't tell me that they magically transition into kind and loving teachers when they enter the classroom. I doubt their attitudes are left in the parking lot. My, my, my, . . . I hope they can soon find a cause that is more rewarding than scolding parents and kids who enter the faculty parking lot for school. I hope they can find a way to "have a nice day".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I THINK PEOPLE WHO DONT FOLLOW THE RULES EVEN THE ONES (RULES) THAT ARENT CLEARLY POSTED SHOULD ALL BE SHOT. IF THAT DOESNT WORK THEN TRY SHOOTING THE RULE ENFORCERS. SOME ONE MUST BE SHOT