Monday, June 09, 2008

First official day of summer vacation . . .




Basketball camp at the U of U for Willie. It was very cool for me, the parent. Willie is the youngest of the older group this year (13 and older) -- he was oldest in the younger group last year. Coach Boylan does a great job. We were greeted by all the Ute b-ball players as we walked to the northeast doors of the Huntsman Center. Then came an energetic welcome by the coach himself. That was definitely a top notch grade for PR. The boys hustled to the floor to shoot some hoops before the official start at which time Boylan had all the boys (200+) under control, paying attention, and feeling good about being there within a matter of minutes. They followed the commands, tucked their shirts in, learned the importance of good people skills and more.

Word of the day: ENTHUSIASM -- "If you don't have it, get it!"

Phrase of the day: Learn to listen and listen to learn.

I can't wait for tomorrow! I only hang around for the first 15-20 minutes of camp, but that's time to give me enough positive energy to last a week.

I hope my comments aren't too obnoxious.

No comments: