Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Annie

I remember so well the morning you were born -- it was field day at the local elementary school and your grandmother (my mom) was right in the middle of all the preparations. I called her a dozen times that morning to tell her that you were here, but with no success. Finally, Paul and Karen shared the news with Geneil at school and (Grandma Huber) my mom finally got the word.

Visiting hours were pretty strict back then and Grandma Huber tried to visit you and me in the hospital. She made a lot of noise down the hall, but never made it to my room. I will never know what really happened, but Grandma Petersen managed to get through the hospital security.

You are a great daughter -- so creative and talented. You are such a good writer and so many get words of motivation from your blog. You will always be an excellent teacher -- look at what your little son is learning.

Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes, Mom!

Did you and haley consipire to use awful pictures of me?

japetersen said...

I like the picture!