Monday, November 09, 2009

Phone Numbers

So, do you remember old phone numbers? My Grandma Huber's phone number was HU4-0649 (HU was an abbreviation for HUNTER). Grandpa Eccles' phone number was IN6-7850 (IN was an abbreviation for INGERSOL). My parent's number was BY7-2931 for many years and I think Karl's mom's number was CY8-8901 (not sure what BY stood for but CY stood for CYPRUS). I can even remember the day of two-party lines when you could pick up the phone and listen to someone's conversation. Our family got a private line when my dad was called to be a bishop in 1963. I don't really know why I remember those numbers, I just do. Now I try to remember land line numbers, cell numbers, e-mail addresses, and a bunch of other stuff plus an area code (or three).

1 comment:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Hahaha...I just loved this post! Yes, my very first number 225-6737! How funny to remember this...and YES do I ever remember party lines! We used to have so much fun listening and getting yelled at by the other party....what fun memories Thanks!!!