Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Another attempt at NABLOPOMO?

Since I failed miserably at NABLOPOMO in November, I am going to give it my best effort for the month of December. Are you ready?

NOVEMBER was a very good (but busy) month.
  • Willie ended football and started basketball. his basketball team is doing pretty well they are 4-1, and he is having mostly great games. He also had his second episode with strep throat since school started. (I guess it's time for tonsils to come out.)
  • Karl had a lot to do in school -- he is doing very well competing with the "younger" students. No students come close to his grade in his computer class, and he is holding his own in the two bio-manufacturing classes he's taking. The Friday "business seminar" has only an attendance requirement, but it has been very eye-opening and beneficial in hearing first-hand a broader perspective of the world of work.
  • We've had a lot going on at home and work. Karl has nearly completed painting the entire main floor of our house -- just the bathrooms and the main (metal) interior/exterior doors to go. It's been a huge project and not sure that we will ever get to all the touch-ups, but it looks and feels very nice.
  • Thanksgiving was very good but tiring, but I spent many hours with Mom helping her get things ready for the big day and the big dinner. We crammed 41 people into her little house. It was pretty tight and cozy. I really enjoyed the days off (the luxury of being an educator).
  • I love my work -- it is a little crazy now and again, but I am so blessed to do what I do. No day is ever like another -- there is always an issue to resolve -- things to do for kids and the adults who counsel and teach them.
  • Utah basketball is underway -- as you know, I love the basketball!

The best part of each week in any month is always Sunday afternoon when my family gets together. Never in my younger years did I ever think I would be preparing Sunday dinner for nine! It's pretty amazing and very exciting to say the least to have everyone home on Sunday. Sometimes I just sit and watch -- mostly I take care of Elliott (he always sits by me for dinner) and then Wyatt (I usually feed him his solid food after dinner) --- and then we just hang out --

No comments: