Friday, November 19, 2010

Arrggg!!!

I have intended to be a good blog poster for NABLOPOMO, but good intentions in my mind don't necessarily transfer to posting. As I have mentioned before, I feel like my life is a fast forward button pushed down and never released. (I think that is a simile with personification.) Well, it's been on super fast this week!

I am gearing up for the first ever Thanksgiving dinner at my house. Karl's family is coming and we are all very excited! Not to say I haven't prepared Thanksgiving dinner before. Every other year we go to my parents' home for the big day and for the past years, my girls and I have spent the entire day preparing the dinner. But this year, it's just different because it's here!

I am excited for Christmas. I have great gifts in mind for my kids (sons-in-law included) and grandkids. I am excited to decorate my house and all that stuff. And, I love the sugar cookies, fruit cake, fudge, and other treats I don't usually have around during the year.

Friday is my favorite day of the week and guess what -- that's today. I go into Friday always relaxed knowing that I will have two days away from the pressures of the working world. I love my work, but I love days off with my family even more!

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

You like fruit cake?