Monday, November 08, 2010

NABLOPOMO Redemption

I am going to try and redeem my NABLOPOMO postings and make a strong attempt to get something down for each day the remainder of the month.

Willie is a good writer. He had an essay assignment to finish tonight on The House of Mango Street. He had to write about some of the figurative language elements and style characteristics of one of the vignettes in the book. He did a nice job -- it's kind of fun helping with English homework. As an English minor person, I like literature and the analysis, but I must admit I am much better at it all now than 30 plus years ago. I hope the students I taught learned something.

I taught French, English, and reading many years ago at Eastmont Middle School in the then Jordan School District. It was fun! I loved being a teacher, I taught some great kids. We had fun in class and I hope the students learned something along the way. I remember I always assigned a lot of homework (sorry former students). I now know that homework is tough even with parents who kind of know what's going on. However, I do like essays to be completed at home that way students can take their time and do their best.

No comments: