Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Influence

I did my student teaching for French at Bonneville Junior High School.  My cooperating teacher was Mlle Kron.  She was amazing!  Beautiful, articulate, feisty, chic, endearing are only a few of her amazing qualities.  She taught me so much about teaching and kids and French language and French culture and more.  I do not hesitate in giving her well-deserved credit for the kind of teacher I am today.  She taught me how to look at a chapter or topic and make it come alive; to think outside of the box (if you will); to look beyond what is and think more of what can be. 

While working at the Utah State Office of Ed, I was assigned to do a NW Accreditation visit to Bonneville JHS.  Very early on the morning of the accreditation visit, I walked into the school's media center and someone in the far corner called out my name!  It was Mlle Kron.  She was so excited to have me in her school; to tell all of the teachers there that she had trained me.  It was a powerful compliment!

Sad to report that Jean passed away early in April.  You can read her obituary (Jean Kron Crompton Falsone); she wrote it, of course!

The power of her influence is with me today in all aspects of my work.  Merci bien, Mlle Kron!

2 comments:

Annie said...

SOunded like a super cool lady mom. And I love that she wrote her own obituary...but, a "raucous romp on the floor" made me blush, a bit.

That was probably why she was an awesome teacher though.

Bing Math said...

Cool, Mom! Thanks for sharing. She had 20 pages of comments on her obituary. That must say something!