Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

So, it's "mother's day"!  You know it well -- the day you get breakfast in bed and all that jazz.  Well, I haven't had breakfast in bed since my girls were very, very young.  And, to be honest it's not really something I would generally look forward to on this day or any day. 

To me, every day is my day!  You see, I am lucky enough to be the mom to three amazing kids and they make just about every one of my days the best.  They are getting older and growing up to be pretty much more than I could have expected or anticipated.  They are smart, strong, healthy, beautiful/good looking, responsible, fun to be around, and a little kooky at times.  When we are all together, we laugh and giggle, and talk about crazy things, and it's all good.  I hope my kids know that I love them; that I feel so very blessed to be their mother; and, that I will try to be a good mom forever and always.

My role is ever changing!  By September, I will have two new grandchillins -- actually two new grandsons!  Haley will deliver a little one in June and Annie in September.  Grandmotherhood is basically indescribable, and it is genuinely a "grand" experience.

I think the best part of my "mother's day" is remembering my mom.  I think I can understand the whole celebration best when I think about Mom.  She was the miracle worker when it came to her role and function.  Juggling eight kids whose ages spanned nineteen years was no easy feat.  But she did it; and, she did it well.  Thinking of Mom brings tears to my eyes, warmth to my heart, and a tender images of her caring for me, my kids, my brothers and sisters, the grand kids, Dad, and really most everyone.  She will live forever in my thoughts and feelings.  I am proud to be her daughter and hopefully I can do justice to the seriousness with which she approached every day as a mother.  Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

You are a good mom. Thank you!