Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Birthdays usually come and go, but not this year

So, I celebrated another birthday with family and others unlike ever before.  Cards in the mail, gifts and cards delivered in person, visits at home and the office from family and friends, text messages and phone calls, random people wishing me "Happy Birthday" -- awesome for me, but a little out of the ordinary.  Then the truth came out!  Willie posted a couple of pictures announcing to the social media world that I was celebrating a birthday.  Go figure -  he has a "following" and they and others let me know they knew.

So this afternoon, I was at the credit union and the transaction took a little longer than usual.  When the teller returned she said, "I noticed you just celebrated a birthday, and I have a gift for you."  She sent a card through the drive-up tube and in it was a $2 bill.  I am not implying that the teller is on Willie's social media circuit, but it was a random occurrence.

Thank you to everyone for a great birthday - obviously still celebrating!

No comments: