Tuesday, October 01, 2013

October is a good month!

I turned the calendar from September to October and thought - October is a good month! It's kind of confusing because it is the tenth month but its root is "octo" meaning eight.  I guess it was the eighth month in the ancient days.  January and October always start on the same day of the month (interesting).


National Pizza Month
National Popcorn Popping Month

Special Days 

Independence Days for Cyprus, Croatia, and Nigeria
Stock's Anniversary - 10-9-8
Columbus Day
Thanksgiving in Canada
Halloween

I like the fall colors of October - orange, brown, red, yellow.
I like fall activities -- football games, soccer games, sitting outside on Sunday afternoon, driving to see the fall leaves in the mountains, . . .
I like that I get to celebrate my birthday in October.

1 comment:

emj said...

Thank you so much for including our anniversary as one of your October special days. It means the world to us that you are a big part of our lives. I can't believe it has been 5 years. Devin is coming with me to DC the week of your birthday. We are calling that our anniversary trip even though I will be working. It does not look like we will be celebrating on the day of the 9th. Devin is very busy. Kind of a shame becuase it has been 5 years. I guess that is life. Thanks again!