Monday, October 28, 2013

Life is good!

I live in a small neighborhood in a nice home among hard working middle class type people.  I have an amazing job, I go to church on Sunday, I am nice to most everyone, and I have good health and blessings (too many to track or count). However, the most amazing and important pieces that make the puzzle of my life complete are my family members -- Karl, the kids and kids-in-law, grandchillins, my dad (and Mom and Ardith), siblings and siblings-in-law, many nieces and nephews, adopted family members (they know who they are), and others . . . .   At the end of the day, family matters more than anything.

I usually start my grocery list on Saturday night after I get home from the store and realize everything I forgot to buy.  My grocery list was on the desk in the kitchen on Sunday and that's the day all the family comes to dinner.  After work today, I needed to add something to my list and there on the paper Elliott had written his name.  Grandson #1 is into leaving notes here and there.  A couple of weeks ago, he left two sticky notes on my dresser "I (image of a heart) you".  A heart warming and tender feeling consumes me when I see his awkward first grade handwriting messages, just for me!  It's stuff like this that makes my life complete!  I don't know why Elliott added his name to my grocery list, but just the fact that it is there will remind me to get him and all of the kids a special something when I go shopping.

Life is good!

1 comment:

Annie said...

He wrote his name because he loves you and wants to live at your house. That was probably his way of sending you a subliminal message.