Sunday, July 20, 2008

Home at last --


Misquito safety device -- 25 cents at the scout camp Trading Post.

It's difficult to see the true impact of the dirt -- but the hair on Willie's legs went from white to black in a week of scout camp.

I must admit I was looking forward to a few days home alone (Willie and Karl at scout camp), but the excitement for being the only one in my big house diminished quickly. There is really nothing exciting about being the only one home for more that a couple of hours. It's too quiet, too lonely, and not that much fun at all. Haley did keep me from going totally koo koo -- but I am just the kind of person who likes noise, responding to weird requests from 13 year olds, likes listening to the long versions of stories, and fixing hot dogs or pizza to go along with just about every meal served. I like commotion, interruptions, distractions, craziness, and being the "will you help me?" responder at all times.

So, nothing like having the men in my house home at last. Willie quickly caught up on Home Star Runner, Karl put all the camp/scout stuff away in places he won't remember for next time, and I am back to "on demand" support for my family. Yes!

2 comments:

Bing Math said...

Is Dad slouching or is Willie as tall as him?

L. Taggart said...

I love the picture of the net on his head! Steve said it was bad, but a picture says so much more. :) Peggy sent me your link, so I had to look. Love you!

Lydia