Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What to blog about . . . summer days . . .


My kids keep telling me to put something new on my blog. I have been enjoying my summer vacation and just don't have much inspiration for blogging. For the past two summers (06, 07), I had a sense of responsibility to work -- to cover the office in the absence of others. In March, a new work assignment came with some summer freedom -- no responsibility to cover the office. So, I am enjoying day 9 of my 18 summer vacation days. I have been sleeping in, passing the mornings away listening to the radio, hanging out with Willie, doing some work at Mom and Dad's, watching the kids swim, and, . . . just whatever.

I haven't had such a restful summer in many years -- I love it. Each day kind of blends with the next. I have been seeing all my kids and Elliott just about every day, Parker and Meranda have been stopping by, and I have spent a lot of time with Mom and working on her house.

In February, one of the long time neighbors down Mom's street passed away. Her kids spent days and weekends going through the house, fixing things up, and holding yard sales for several weekends in a row. At Dad's birthday party in April, the parents presented a request for help to do some home repairs and clean-up. They didn't want to leave their kids with the mess of clean-up once they're gone. So, slow but sure, we kids have all done some work -- the house is looking very nice.

Well, not much more to say. I will just continue to enjoy the summer days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like summer, too! - HQ