Friday, November 02, 2007

News You Can Use!

The first Cheesecake Factory in Utah opened in the Fashion Place Mall parking lot yesterday, Thursday, November 1. I have been to the restaurant in Denver -- the food is okay, but the cheesecake is delicious!

Bill Clinton is speaking at the "U" on Sunday, November 4 as part of Hilary's campaign. I missed out on Jimmy Carter at Barnes and Noble in Sugar House for a book signing last November. And now, I am going to miss out on Bill Clinton. Rats! One of these days I will hear a President or former President speak -- hopefully in Utah.

Saturday, November 3, is the Model Railroad Expo at the Utah State Fairpark. We haven't been for years -- maybe this year.

Friday, November 9, Zions Bank branches will ceremoniously begin distribution of Utah's quarter. Quarter collectors can purchase $10 rolls of Utah quarters at any Zion's Bank that day (limit two rolls per customer).

Well -- day 2 of NaBloPoMo!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love the Cheesecake Factory. You need to try the Chicken Salad Sandwich. I con other people into trying things I want to try but always get the Chicken Salad. I've never had their cheesecake because cheesecake sounds gross.

japetersen said...

Jodi -
You need to try the cheesecake -- at least the raspberry white chocolate.