Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Beware of Mothers Asking Daughters for Assistance

of Mothers . . .

asking daughters to help with stuff like this . . .

. . . the outcome is guilt (Toy Story reference - "I feel guilt.")


I don't know what I would do without my girls. They are my best friends and confidants! They are talented, capable, competent, and confident younger type women. We really do a lot for each other, but tonight I was the benefit of their support, help, expertise, and service. I have been asked to plan and carry out two RS craft nights a year. Well, I have never been much of a craft person. The first RS craft I did in my life was a few decades back -- painted a reindeer for Christmas. Next came a reindeer made out of a towel (I was so proud of it, it appeared in a family Christmas picture). Well the crafts I muster up for the ladies are of a technological sort. You see, I never cease to be amazed at the incredibly amazing works (techno crafts) my girls do via computer technology. For the February craft, we (with Annie's and Haley's skills) worked on digital scrap booking and photo collections on the Internet. Tonight, the techno craft was "word art" or "word clouds". Annie and Willie created their masterpieces a few weeks back. I just knew the RS ladies would be interested. So, we pulled it off tonight -- 20 ladies, 4 computers, and three hours later a quiet house.

Everything went well until the last 45 minutes or so -- Annie was tired, stressed, and out of balance in the sugar and energy department. Elliott conked out on Karl's lap -- he was an absolute angel all evening. Willie needed dinner -- 10:00 p.m. Haley needed to finish up some editing on a paper for Peter, and she hadn't seen James all day. Needless to say, I am feeling some guilt for the whole thing. The activity went well, but it was just more than Annie and Haley and Elliott needed to do for me and the RS ladies.

Next time, I think I'll need to revert back to vinyl lettering on painted wood.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

A far cry from my mother, I am not crafty either... but it does come in handy having a vinyl lettering machine in the family!

Annie said...

mom, it's okay, no need to feel guilty - I think it turned out well. It was just a bit more people and time than I bargained for.

Sorry that I am a stress machine.

If it's any consolation, my blood sugar was out of whack and hit 28 @ midnight.

Elliott LOVED being at your house all night and didn't wake up from the car to the house and right now, at 8 am is still asleep.

No worries.

You could bring Elliott and me lunch to make up for it. ;)

Bing Math said...

No problem, Mom! Thanks for being a good mom!