Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jellystone Park -- End of Summer Tradition


For the past 7 or 8 years we have made a summer's end trip to Yellowstone National Park. It's just one of those places I can visit time and time again and enjoy the next trip as much as the first. Karl and I drug our wounded (broken thumb) son with us this time. We stayed in a nice clean Comfort Inn in West Yellowstone and visited new and previously visited places all day Sunday, August 31. The weather was perfect! We walked out to Morning Glory Pool and then hiked up and down the staircase called Uncle Tom's Trail to the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River. The animals were sparse, but we saw buffs, elk, woolly caterpillars, chipmunks, and geese. On the way home we stopped at Bear World -- interesting place.

2 comments:

Annie said...

oh I wish that we would have gone...a tradition I'd like to have with my little family as well.

Maybe next year.

Jodi said...

I love the top picture, but I think I can smell it from here!